IVM is a Holding Company with investments in companies producing paints, resins and elastomers.
Within the wood coatings sector, the IVM Group is among the world’s leading manufacturers and the largest in Italy:
- It directly controls and manages some of the most important companies in Europe, with historical brands such as Milesi, Ilva and Croma Lacke
- It markets its products worldwide through a network of specialized distributors. Today it is present in more than 100 Countries.
Its paints can meet the needs of both the production of large automated facilities and that of accomplished craftsmen in the fields of wood, home building, shipbuilding or art.
The Companies of the Group have an efficient widespread Distribution and Technical Support network that guarantees to its Customers an all-encompassing service, including the development of solutions that best meet specific design, support finishing and production cycle requirements.
Under the brand name Intercoating, the IVM Group produces resins for the manufacturing of coating products and elastomers for the synthetic leather sector.
The Group's origins date back to 1947. IVM was established in 1970 by the brothers in law Adriano Teso and Massimo Milesi with the aim of developing products in the chemical sector and streamlining investments. They then established and developed Milesi Vernis in France, Industrias Quimicas in Spain, and Milesi Hellas in Greece.
Later they acquired Ilva Polimeri, a Company with a prestigious trademark in the field of paints and polyurethane elastomers, and the German Croma Lacke, one of the oldest European Companies, specialized in paints for wood.
In 1989 Federica Teso joined the Group and in 2002 became Vice president, Executive Director and sole shareholder.
In 2001, IVM builds, in the province of Pavia, on a site of approximately 15 hectares, the largest, state-of-the-art and most profitable production facility worldwide for the manufacturing of wood coatings. Here, the production processes are certified and guarantee quality and consistency with a difficult to match cost containment policy.
In 2007 IVM Chemicals was established in Poland. Finally, in March 2015, IVM Group opened IVM Chemicals Inc. based in Chicago, USA.
The strong family ownership, which has always ruled out a family-type management, led to the development of a qualified, independent and reliable Management staff, capable of planning and developing medium-long term strategies while working in a harmonious and consistent manner. This has allowed IVM to become today, one of the leading Groups in this sector, both in Europe and Worldwide.
Because of its size and technological achievements, the number of articles and press attention given to the IVM Group is substantial: in all activities involving wood painting or in new sectors developed by the Group there have been gratifying and complimentary mentions of the Group's Companies. They are cited not only as excellent companies, known for the high quality and performance of their products, but also for being among those companies which offer the best working conditions.
|Chairmanship and Operative Committee
Plans the Development of the Group and takes part in the definition and management of the strategies of the Group's companies.
|Administration, Finance and Auditing
Reviews the results achieved by the Companies in the Group, coordinating the planning of the activities and the administrationof the Group's financial resources.
Identifies and recruits top management personnel for the Group, assisting with performance reviews, training and compensations.
The IVM Group mission is to provide top-quality technical and innovative solutions to anyone who paints wood, from small users to large industrial companies as well as the highest level of service and product quality.
Important objectives have been achieved through:
- The decision to focus its own resources, both intellectual and financial, in the sector of wood coating.
- The choice to constantly invest in Research and Development. The IVM Group invests more than 8% of its proceeds in Research and Development.
- A continuity in Company management: from its establishment in 1970, the IVM Group has maintained the same ownership, thus guaranteeing consistency of its strategies, security and reliability in the administration. The resulting stability of its management and staff has allowed the Group to develop a structure composed of the leading experts in the field of wood coating.
- A close cooperation with the users: the IVM Group Researchers and Technical Support personnel constantly cooperate with the customers to identify the cycles that are most suitable to achieve the expected technical and aesthetical results and meet application requirements, to fine-tune the products specifically for their equipment and support them in optimizing the coating processes.